Mechanically, the TCF-S is a robust Crayford style motorized focuser with high repeatability, no play and nearly zero backlash of only 0.0013 inch. Optec's implementation is ideal for applications which require exact focus such as CCD imaging or film astrophotography. A geared stepper motor rotates the drive shaft with one step rotation of the motor equal to a 0.000086 inch movement of the drawtube. The unit adds 3.5 inches to the telescope's back-focus as measured from the front to the end of the drawtube when at the mid-focus position. The total travel of the drawtube is 0.6 inches or 7000 steps. A pair of pushbuttons control the direction of focus and the DRO (digital read-out) displays the current position. The TCF-S focuser can easily handle cameras and instrument packages weighing up to 10 pounds. The TCF-S can be used by itself or with a PC for automatic focus with some of the popular camera control software.
- Heavy-duty Crayford style 2in focuser
Compensates for focal shift due to temperature
- Supports instruments up to 10 pounds
- Easy to use control box
- Use with or without a PC
- 4-digit readout for position
- Simple Learn procedure for determing TC
- Shut-off procedure remembers last position
- Compatible with major camera control software for autofocus
- Free control/interface program
- Click here for further technical details
- Weight Capacity: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) minimum
- Overall Height: 3.3in (83.8mm) fully IN to 3.9" (99mm) fully OUT
- Focuser Travel: 0.6in (15.2mm)
- Number of Steps: 7,000
- Step Resolution: 2.2 microns
- Weight: 2 lb. 8 oz. (1.1 kg)
- Clear Aperture: 2in (52.8mm)
- Back-focus Usage: 3.3in (83.8mm) to 3.9" (99mm)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to email@example.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf and refund the item.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Easy Returns...How They Should Be
We stand behind every product we sell and offer a 30 day return policy. If you would like to return your purchase for any reason within 30 days, you will be refunded the purchase price of the product. Because we offer free shipping please be aware that if you return one of these products our actual outbound shipping charges will be deducted from your return refund. All product(s) must be returned in their original condition, including the original packaging, manufacturer's containers, documentation, warranty cards, manuals and all accessories. Otherwise additional charges may be applied or may make your product(s) nonreturnable. Hyperion Astronomy sells products from some manufacturers that are custom made or made-to-order. These products are non-returnable and non-cancelable once the order has been placed and this is notated on the product page for these items.
Products Not Eligible For Return
- Custom orders (i.e. products that are custom made or made-to-order).
- Special purchases including: clearance products, inventory sale products, custom quotes, special discounts, etc.
- Any product that has been assembled, installed, modified or used in any way.
- Any product that is not in resalable condition.
- Any product not accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) issued by www.little-lona.com
- Any product that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
Credits will be issued after the warehouse receives, inspects and process' your return, which can take up to 7 Business days. Return shipping charges and re-stocking fees are not refundable. Shipping charges and factory re-stocking fees will be deducted from the total refund amount. You will receive a confirmation email when your return has been processed. Refunds will be credited to the original payment method and can take up to 72 hours to reflect on your statement.
Should you have any questions always feel free to call us at 1-480-493-5089 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us at email@example.com within 30 days to begin the return process. Hyperion Astronomy accepts returns within 30 days for defect in product(s), wrong item received, and change of mind.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax