Losmandy GM8 German Equatorial Mount with 7 lb. Counterweight, Gemini 2 GOTO System, and Folding LW Tripod
The GM8 is a great equatorial mount for telescopes with total instrument weight up to 30 lbs. Based on the Russell W. Porter Slip-Ring design, this German Equatorial mount is manufactured with all-machined aluminum and stainless steel, and finished in black with a durable hard anodize. Removable stainless steel 11/4 inch diameter weight shaft w/safety knob. A 7 lb. counterweight is standard equipment, and optional 11 lb and 21 lb counterweights are available. The GM8 is rated for 60 lbs. total capacity (instruments and counterweights combined).
Polar alignment adjustments are precision and smooth. For initial polar alignment setup, the GM8 has a bubble level and the mounts latitude scale is laser etched in 2 degree increments for latitudes from 668 degrees.The equatorial head is supported by the Losmandy LW Folding Tripod with its continuously adjustable legs for precise leveling. The mounts 1.25-inch stainless steel polar axis is hollowed to allow through the polar axis sighting of the Northern or Southern Celestial pole, and an optional Polar Scope, to help make precision polar alignments quick and easy. The unique fully locking tangent arm design for altitude adjustment for aligning to the celestial pole is from 668 degrees latitude, and sports a large easy-to-adjust aluminum knob. The single knob azimuth control is bi-directional with +/- 8.5 degrees adjustment.
The Gemini 2 GOTO System with its 40,000+ object library has a full color graphic touch screen to clearly display all functions. The hand controller also has a tactile four button array on the reverse side of the touch screen console for times when you need to feel buttons to control the mount (such as when wearing gloves). Although the Gemini 2 is a stand-alone unit, it can connect to a host computer, and is designed for astroimaging and remote operation of the mount.
Scott Losmandy is the designer of the world-famous GM8 mount and tripod that works with many popular-sized telescopes for the serious astronomer. A lifelong amateur astronomer, designer, and machinist, Losmandy understands the functional requirements of demanding astrophotography and astronomy. His designs are characterized by precision all-machined parts in aluminum and stainless steel that are not only beautiful, but built with strength that will handle heavy payloads for a lifetime of constant use.
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions
- Auto color change from dawn to dusk
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on both the touch screen and a tactile membrane on the rear
- 1 star alignment
- Multi star modeling for accurate pointing on both sides of meridian
- 30 arcsec all sky positional accuracy or better
- Custom mount support using the Programmable Gear Rate function
- Selectable GOTO, Slewing, Centering and Guiding Rate
- GOTO rates up to 8 degs/sec (GM8)
- DC Servos with high torque and smooth tracking
- GPS-compatible with optional receiver
- Stand-alone system. No PC required!
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or APP over the web or serial port
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- Internal Battery keeps settings and preferences stored between uses
- English, French, Spanish & German displays
- Over 40,000 objects
- Two USB ports; Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program
- Port F - multi-function serial; A/D I/O
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- Permanent PEC correction
- Auto-Guide port (TTL)
- Auto switch tracking rates
- User define Park function
- Search function
- Identify function
- Polar Align Assist
- Polar Axis Correction
- User define limit stops
- Permanent Dec Backlash compensation
- Electronic Balance Graph
- Sidereal, King, Lunar, Solar, Terrestrial, Closed loop and Comet/user defined tracking rates
- Synchronize function
- Coordinate input
- Bookmark set for your favorite objects
- All objects displayed on hand controller are visible
SPECIFICATION: R.A. / DEC. AXIS
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 2.100"diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500" diameter needle bearings.
- 2.812" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed ground High Precision Brass Worm.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob per axis design.
- Porter Slip Ring Design
- 1.250" diameter stainless steel shafts.
- Through the axis polar scope mounting, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument Weight Capacity 60 LBS
- Equatorial head weight 21 lbs.
GEMINI 2 GOTO ELECTRONICS
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions.
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on both the touch screen and tactile membrane on the rear.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).
- Control panel dimmer, Day and Night Modes.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Stand Alone System. No PC required
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or Serial Port
- DC Servos for improved accuracy with higher torque than steppers
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- English, German, French, and Spanish displays
- Over 40,000 objects
- USB ports; Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program.
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- Auto Guide Port (TTL)
- Dual 1218V DC input/output (3.0A)
This modular phone style outlet accepts the hand controller needed for guiding and moving the telescope. In addition, the outlet is wired to accept all SBIG Autoguiders when using the SBIG Relay Box. Push the connector on the cable into the outlet until the plastic tab clicks. To remove the cable, squeeze the plastic tab and pull away from the outlet. Phone jack splitters are available so that the hand controller and auto guider can be used at the same time.
12 VDC in
This outlet is used to supply power to the telescope mount. Your Losmandy G-11 comes standard with a DC adapter. To install, plug the connector into the electronic box first, then the power source.
12 VDC out
The 12 V DC OUT is for auxiliary accessories that require power, such as digital setting circles. The accessories need a plug like the one on the DC adapter. NOTE: Center core positive (+) plug.
|Item Number||GM8 GL|
|GOTO System||Gemini 2; 40,000 Objects|
|Load Capacity Rating||Total: 60 lbs. (27.22 lbs); Instrument Weight: 30 lbs. (13.61 Kilos)|
|Height to Center of Saddle||With Tripod Adjustment Range: 2644 Inches (0.66 - 1.12 meters)|
|Weight||EQ Head is 21 lbs.|
Limited Warranty is one year, which converts to the Explore STAR Transferable Extended Life of the Product Warranty when product is registered within 60 days of purchase. Click Here to register.
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf and refund the item.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Easy Returns...How They Should Be
We stand behind every product we sell and offer a 30 day return policy. If you would like to return your purchase for any reason within 30 days, you will be refunded the purchase price of the product. Because we offer free shipping please be aware that if you return one of these products our actual outbound shipping charges will be deducted from your return refund. All product(s) must be returned in their original condition, including the original packaging, manufacturer's containers, documentation, warranty cards, manuals and all accessories. Otherwise additional charges may be applied or may make your product(s) nonreturnable. Hyperion Astronomy sells products from some manufacturers that are custom made or made-to-order. These products are non-returnable and non-cancelable once the order has been placed and this is notated on the product page for these items.
Products Not Eligible For Return
- Custom orders (i.e. products that are custom made or made-to-order).
- Special purchases including: clearance products, inventory sale products, custom quotes, special discounts, etc.
- Any product that has been assembled, installed, modified or used in any way.
- Any product that is not in resalable condition.
- Any product not accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) issued by www.little-lona.com
- Any product that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
Credits will be issued after the warehouse receives, inspects and process' your return, which can take up to 7 Business days. Return shipping charges and re-stocking fees are not refundable. Shipping charges and factory re-stocking fees will be deducted from the total refund amount. You will receive a confirmation email when your return has been processed. Refunds will be credited to the original payment method and can take up to 72 hours to reflect on your statement.
Should you have any questions always feel free to call us at 1-480-493-5089 or email us at email@example.com. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days to begin the return process. Hyperion Astronomy accepts returns within 30 days for defect in product(s), wrong item received, and change of mind.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax