Alnitak Astrosystems' flagship product, the Flip-Flat, is a robotic lenscap and flat field illumination source for small to medium size refractors.
With hundreds of Flip-Flats already in the field being used by satisfied customers, we’re confident that our product continues to meet the needs of discriminating astro-imagers around the world.
The Flip-Flat employs advanced electroluminescent lamp panel technology to provide a uniform source of illumination for the production of high quality flat field frames necessary for serious astroimaging and photometric work. With the Flip-Flat, on-demand flat fields with uniformity errors less than 1% are now possible.
In addition to providing excellent flat fields, the Flip-Flat protects the objective lens of the telescope from dust that typically plagues remote installations where the user cannot manually replace the lenscap after an imaging session. The Flip-Flat is easily mounted to the front of any telescope tube (or rigid dewshield) with an OTA outside diameter between 4" (100mm) and 8-1/8" (206mm). The Flip-Flat is attached to the telescope OTA with industrial nylon zip straps and easily removable for transport and storage.
A simple Windows interface provides the ability to open and close the Flip-Flat and turn on the light source. The intensity of the light can be adjusted to one of 255 levels.
IMPORTANT: Note that the diameter of the fully illuminated lamp for each of the Flip-Flat models is 6.7" or 170mm, regardless of the model purchased. To accommodate the smaller 4" to 6" OTA's, we add a spacer to the mounting bracket which better centers the lamp over the OTA. For the larger OTA, the bracket is machined down and an oversized ring is added to block any stray light from interfering with the flat lamp.
- Lamp Diffuser Diameter: 7.7" (195mm)
- Lamp Illumination Diameter: 6.7" (170mm)
- Control Box Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.15" x 4.2" (57 x 80 x 106mm)
- Weight: 1 lb. 6 oz. (0.6 kg)
- Lamp Pivot Arm: 6.1" (155mm) length
- Range of Pivot Arm: 95-degrees
- Power requirements: 5VDC provided by USB interface
- Minimum OTA/dewshield OD: 4" (stock #19050)
- Maximum OTA/dewshield OD: 8.125" (stock #19052)
- Alnitak Software Compatibility: Windows 7 and 10.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe
What is included
- Alnitak Flip-Flat
- OTA mount bracket
- Industrial zip straps
- USB cable
Visit the Alnitak Downloads page for the latest Quick Start Guide, Alnitak Installation Manual and Software Reference Guide, and Serial Command List.
The Flip-Flat is fully integrated into CCD Autopilot by using our command line program, AACmd. See CCD Autopilot’s Flip-Flat help page for full details. AACmd can also be used by scripts and batch files to automatically control the Flip-Flat. See the Downloads page for additional details.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf and refund the item.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Easy Returns...How They Should Be
We stand behind every product we sell and offer a 30 day return policy. If you would like to return your purchase for any reason within 30 days, you will be refunded the purchase price of the product. Because we offer free shipping please be aware that if you return one of these products our actual outbound shipping charges will be deducted from your return refund. All product(s) must be returned in their original condition, including the original packaging, manufacturer's containers, documentation, warranty cards, manuals and all accessories. Otherwise additional charges may be applied or may make your product(s) nonreturnable. Hyperion Astronomy sells products from some manufacturers that are custom made or made-to-order. These products are non-returnable and non-cancelable once the order has been placed and this is notated on the product page for these items.
Products Not Eligible For Return
- Custom orders (i.e. products that are custom made or made-to-order).
- Special purchases including: clearance products, inventory sale products, custom quotes, special discounts, etc.
- Any product that has been assembled, installed, modified or used in any way.
- Any product that is not in resalable condition.
- Any product not accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) issued by www.little-lona.com
- Any product that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
Credits will be issued after the warehouse receives, inspects and process' your return, which can take up to 7 Business days. Return shipping charges and re-stocking fees are not refundable. Shipping charges and factory re-stocking fees will be deducted from the total refund amount. You will receive a confirmation email when your return has been processed. Refunds will be credited to the original payment method and can take up to 72 hours to reflect on your statement.
Should you have any questions always feel free to call us at 1-480-493-5089 or email us at email@example.com. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days to begin the return process. Hyperion Astronomy accepts returns within 30 days for defect in product(s), wrong item received, and change of mind.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax