The AAG Cloudwatcher is used at our own observatory and provide accurate and reliable data day and night, year long. Its main features are:
- Very affordable compared to the competition
- Durable construction
- Measure brightness, humidity, wind and
CloudWatcher, watching the sky since 2008.
AAG CloudWatcher advantages:
- Full information about sky conditions
- Very affordable price
- Reliable readings
- Easy interpretation of all information
- Connectable to the SOLO for low power, 24×7 availability
- Software available for:
- Windows (free)
- INDILib (free) http://indilib.org/devices/weather-stations/aag-cloud-watcher.html,
- MAC OSX (developed by Richard Francis, GerSpatial, available from the AppStore at a very reasonable cost).
- And autonomously with the SOLO
- ASCOM safety monitor and observing conditions drivers available
- Very low maintenance
- New version adapted to work with the Hydreon RG-9 Rain sensor (available from 2021 January).
- Extremely reasonable cost of eventual servicing/repairs (*)
- Product in constant review and improvement
- With the experience and service of Lunatico Astronomía
(*) Find here the pice list of the REPAIRS AND SPARE PARTS for the AAG CloudWatcher.
The AAG CloudWatcher includes:
Let’s see them in detail:
► The AAG CloudWatcher box. All the data collected by the AAG sensors and the anemometer are reflected in the computer through their corresponding graphics. These allow a comprehensive and easily understandable measurement of atmospheric conditions:
Through an infrared sensor of the AAG CloudWatcher measures the temperature of the sky, and an electronic thermometer measures the internal temperature. Both data are then related by a powerful formula used to determine the existence of clouds. The measuring result is easily read on the graphic “Cloud”.
Unlike other detectors, the AAG CloudWatcher allows the user to set the parameters for measurement, and thus adjust the detection of clouds for each place.
CloudWatcher uses a variable capacitor to determine the existence of rain. In addition, the capacitor incorporates an internal resistance for heating the element, drying it, which allows a constant reliable reading.
Relativity humidity sensor (RH & AP version)
The data from this sensor are supported by the SOLO CW (attached image).If you want to take a look at our SOLO installed in Torrelodones, Madrid, Spain, click here: http://aagsolo.lunatico.es:10800/Windows program displays the value in the screen, with the dew point, and the data are included in the “Single line data” file (*).
Shows the wind speed.
►The AAG cable connects the CloudWatcher instrument to a PC and it is available in 4 lengths: 3, 5, 7, or 10m. (From 2018/November you also can get the AAG CloudWatcher without cable).
It has a special weather-proof connector, IP68, which allows the easy and comfortable installation of the unit. The cable can be routed conveniently through a conduit, the thicker part of it is only 19mm in diameter.
► Relay (1) for observatory opening/closing, can withstand a voltage of 220 V. But not being a security cable it is advised to connect it to low voltage devices (12 or 24V).
- Power 12 or 15V, current < 1 A
- RS232 Serial port (**)
- Size: 110*85*37 mm.
(**) USB to RS232 adapter available here.
In addition, the AAG CloudWatcher software incorporates advanced features such as:
- Multiple users in LAN (MASTER mode and REMOTE mode operation);
- MASTER and REMOTE installations can be independently parameterized;
- Sky temperature correction model to account for excessive atmospheric longwave radiation during summer;
- All alerts can be defined as sound alerts, with a specific sound file to be played when the alert condition occurs;
- Switch control can be disabled and be performed by an external program (suitable to control other equipment);
- Allows the electrical constants to be changed by the user;
- A complete set of properties/methods for inter-program communications;
- Compatible with existing firmware versions 1.xx, 2.xx and future version 3.xx;
- ACP, Sequence Generator+, CCDCommander, CCDAutopilot, Prism, CCDAutoPilot, and Maxpilote compatible; plus any ASCOM-compliant software.
- With the program, AAG WeatherCentre (***) can combine information from any standard weather station supported by Virtual Weather Station, Weather Display, or Cumulus software.
- Several free programs for mobile devices, for example, the one developed by Francisco Jesús Cortés to allow you to receive an alarm on your mobile phone.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf and refund the item.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Easy Returns...How They Should Be
We stand behind every product we sell and offer a 30 day return policy. If you would like to return your purchase for any reason within 30 days, you will be refunded the purchase price of the product. Because we offer free shipping please be aware that if you return one of these products our actual outbound shipping charges will be deducted from your return refund. All product(s) must be returned in their original condition, including the original packaging, manufacturer's containers, documentation, warranty cards, manuals and all accessories. Otherwise additional charges may be applied or may make your product(s) nonreturnable. Hyperion Astronomy sells products from some manufacturers that are custom made or made-to-order. These products are non-returnable and non-cancelable once the order has been placed and this is notated on the product page for these items.
Products Not Eligible For Return
- Custom orders (i.e. products that are custom made or made-to-order).
- Special purchases including: clearance products, inventory sale products, custom quotes, special discounts, etc.
- Any product that has been assembled, installed, modified or used in any way.
- Any product that is not in resalable condition.
- Any product not accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) issued by www.little-lona.com
- Any product that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
Credits will be issued after the warehouse receives, inspects and process' your return, which can take up to 7 Business days. Return shipping charges and re-stocking fees are not refundable. Shipping charges and factory re-stocking fees will be deducted from the total refund amount. You will receive a confirmation email when your return has been processed. Refunds will be credited to the original payment method and can take up to 72 hours to reflect on your statement.
Should you have any questions always feel free to call us at 1-480-493-5089 or email us at email@example.com. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days to begin the return process. Hyperion Astronomy accepts returns within 30 days for defect in product(s), wrong item received, and change of mind.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax