The purpose of these systems is to carry out All or Full Sky (180°x180°) surveillance of the night or day sky, and in a continuous fashion. It is possible to assess, in real time, the night sky quality, and to record fast phenomena (meteors and fireballs) or slower (satellites, rockets, noctilucent clouds, zodiacal light, aurora, airglow ….).
Thanks to its high sensitivity, this system can record a very good image quality of the night sky, while producing images of stars that will not be trailed by natural Earth rotation, no star tracking is required.
– Cooled CMOS sensor minus 30°C from ambient
– Digital USB 2.0 output with 20 m cable length
– 185°x185° fisheye field
– Snapshot with long exposure mode
– Active and automatic dome defrost
– Full anodized aluminum casing, water tight box and connectors.
– Embedded 5 position filter wheel (user can choose which filter to integrate, allowing best flexibility)
– Lens auto-iris and focuser remote control
– Daylight imaging with short exposure and iris control
– Astronomy: Cloud cover and transparency map, Robotic telescopes farms, no mobile parts.
– Free Space Optics (FSO) communication: Cloud cover and transparency map, Site survey, Network architecture design and balancing
– Atmospheric studies: Atmospheric transparency, urban light pollution monitoring, northern lights, passive optical sensing. Network of AllSky camera
– Defense: Realtime and passive optical detection for satellite re-entry, planes and drones. Network of camera to cover larger territory
– Solar Power: Cloud cover, transparency map, site survey and power production forecasting.
|Field of view||185 ° x 185 ° fisheye lens, focal length f=4.5mm f/2.8, 2.9 arcmin per pixel|
Factory focused and tilt tuned with respect to the whole CCD field
|Camera resolution||4600 x 3550 (16 Mpixels) 3.8 x 3.8 µm pixel monochrome and antiblooming sensor|
Camera is not equipped with mechanical shutter
|Dynamic range||12 bits|
|Video stream||2.2 frames per second (USB 2.0)|
|Exposure time||From 30µs to one hour exposure (all sky mode, typically 25s)|
|Gain||Variable 5 e-/ADU down to 0.1 e-/ADU|
|Cooling||CCD detector cooled, minus 30 degrees from ambient max|
|Image download time||0.4 sec max.|
|Auto-iris||Embedded into the lens|
|Control software||Windows AllSky software supplied at no additional costs, SDK on request|
|Operating system||Windows (Seven, 8, 10) 32 & 64bitsLinux (contact us, SDK available)|
|To PC interface||USB 2.0 / 20 m length cable, perfectly reliable operation. Ethernet link on request.|
|Top dome heater||Automatic dome defrost based on external sensor|
(18W to 36W depending on weather conditions / place)
|Power supply||24V / 3.5A|
|Dome||BK7 Glass optical dome.|
|Filter wheel||5 positions 31.75 mm filters, up to user to choose which filter to install (Grism can also be put)|
|Daylight imaging||Possible thanks to camera embedded memory and 30 µs exposure time|
|Auto-iris||From F2.8 to F16, remote control + automatic setting in Software|
|Focus adjustment||Possible, from remote software control, auto filter thickness focus shift compensation|
|Other information||Tight to bad weather conditions (rain/snow), anodized aluminum casing, acrylic dome, water tight connectors / IP68 protection|
|Dimensions||197mm diameter to 250 mm height|
|Operating temperature range||from -40°C to +45°C|